Sunday, November 22, 2009

Two staples side by side ... Ugh!

Yesterday I came home from work and Maggie had eaten a pair of my sandles. My bad, I left them by the couch when I took them off the night before. I cleaned up the mess and didnt think a thing of it ...

Today Maggie is feeling a little under the weather ... She's not eating or drinking ... we went for a walk and she was dragging ... I'm getting worried about her ... she's not herself at all. In fact, I couldn't find her and there she was outside in her igloo ... not coming when I call her. I'm in tears now because I know Mom always said when dogs are ready to die they go off to be alone ... I made a vet appointment for tomorrow and tonight we are just going to ride this storm.

So, today we're seeing the vet and Maggie is still feeling bad. He decided to take some blood and then I remembered about the stupid sandles. He took an x-ray and low and behold there are two staples in Maggie's tummy ... one on each side ... no wonder she has a tummy ache ... he recommended I give her fiber bread soaked in broth and some pumpkin pie filling (regular, without the spices in it) ... it took a day but she's feeling much better ...

Now, I don't know if she passed the staples as I wasn't going to go that far looking at her poop but I think they've passed ...

Whew, another day with my Maggie Mo !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment