Sunday, September 6, 2009

Maggie's Home!

So today is January 20, 2008, and I finally get to pick up Maggie Mo from her hip surgery. I am so excited to see her and bring her home. The waiting room was full of pets, some very sick, some coming back for check-ups. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that would fork out so much money for my pet. After waiting what seemed for hours, I paid my bill in full (which was five pages long) and then waited to see Mags. I have so many instructions to contend with ... Maggie has to be confined in an enclosed crate at all times for the next two weeks. She needs to be on a leash at all times outside of the crate, no running, no jumping, no playing ... Maggie can go for 5 to 10 minute walks twice a day with a leash and a towel around her stomach so I can support her ... x-rays to be taken at each recheck visit ... wow, too much to comprehend at this time ...

Finally they brought her out ... she looks a little skinny and has support with this "towel" around her but she recognizes me and is glad to see me ...

She pees on the floor, a good long one, and we say our good-byes ... Maggie's going home and it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment