Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Full Day and Night

Maggie got so much attention her first day in California. My son and his family came by to see this new puppy (okay, so they came by to see Aunt Kathy and Daddy) and even Kim came over. The first words out of Kims mouth were "your in trouble" ... I didn't care though, she wasn't going to be a problem. We ate pizza, visited and the kids went swimming. It took a while to name Maggie. Kathy had already named her "Mo" but that just didn't seem right for a female puppy. I thought of KC and Gage, my grandson, said Angel (yeah, right) ... We finally came up with Maggie to go with the middle name Mo ... Yep, Maggie Mo, that sounded good!

It was by far a full day in a small 800 square foot apartment. Later that night I gave Daddy my bedroom so he could get some much needed rest, Kathy got the couch and I was going to sleep next to Maggie on the floor by her crate. We turned off the lights and then it happened ... Maggie whined all night long ... I tried to put my hand in the crate for comfort but that didn't work ... took her outside ... finally Kathy picked Maggie up and laid her on her chest. It worked, Maggie went to sleep ... it had to be 2 or 3 in the morning by then ... whew, we were exhausted. The next morning Daddy came out of the bedroom and said "she sure is a good puppy, I didn't hear a peep from her" ... Kathy and I just looked at each other ... "yeah daddy, you were in the bedroom with the door closed and your hearing aids off ... no wonder you didn't hear anything!" ... we all got a good laugh on that one ...

No comments:

Post a Comment