Friday, August 14, 2009

First Time Home Alone ...

My boss, a great man, had invited our "team" to his house for an appreciation dinner. Now, since I got Maggie my social life (like I had much of one) has really dwindled. I know that it's my fault because I don't like to leave Maggie alone for very long. I decided that I should probably go for a few hours to show my "team spirit." I come home from work, and Maggie takes me for a walk! I get ready to go to the dinner, and for the likes of me I don't remember why I didn't put her in her crate. I guess that I never really liked to see her in that crate.

After a nice time at the party, and goodbye's were said to my co-workers, I leave to rush back home. A little apprehensive, I'm very glad to be home and see my Maggie (after all, I've never left her alone for this long.) I open the door and, "Oh my gosh, it looks like a war zone!" I see glass all over, my side table was knocked over, the lamp, and everything that was on it is now on the floor (broken into a million pieces.) "Maggie!" ... she's no where to be found. Finally, she peers out from the side of my treadmill and she looks so scared. I felt bad. "It's okay sweetie, Mom's here," so I pet and comfort her to let her know that this mess wasn't her fault. I think she was trying to get a toy from under the table, BUT now I'm up until the wee hours of the night cleaning and vacuuming up this mess!

How frightening her first time home alone must have been. That night, I made a promise to Maggie that I will never leave her alone again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment